Monday, February 17, 2014

Creativity, Collaboration, and Critical Thinking

As I imagine all teachers are very familiar with, each semester in the field is different, and each presents unique challenges and learning opportunities. I have been teaching Visual Arts at Walton since 2008, and am very aware that nearly 6 years still keeps me in novice territory. I love my job. I love that each semester is a new beginning, but that the experience I have gathered so far in the previous years is intrinsic to the new directions I take. The previous semesters continue to infuse the current one with an ever-evolving strength. As I guide my students to create, collaborate, and think critically about the material I present to them, there is a cross-collaboration occurring within my own development as an educator. I teach them, and in turn, they teach me.








No comments:

Post a Comment