Friday, May 2, 2014

From the WMS Band!


Greeting Walton students, families and faculty,

        I always enjoy my time to blog and this time, there is so much to tell you about.  What a year!  We have just come back from our Spring Trip and it was wonderful.  The students were awesome.  I think it would be cool if all of you could have seen the way they represented Walton first hand.  I saw many adults with tears of pride, myself included that weekend.

        We did not travel far this year.  We stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg, performed at Jamestown High School and finished with awards at Busch Gardens.  Our two concert bands were both awarded second place in their division with a rating of Excellent.  Our Drum Line received a superior rating and first place.  Great times were had by all.

        As we roll into the last weeks of school I want to remind everyone that the work is not over.  We have our spring concert on May 20th and the band will perform for the 8th grade celebration.  As we move along to the end of the year, ask your child to play something for you and see if you are as amazed as I am with the progress they have made this year. 

        Thanks to all of you for sharing your school year with me and enjoy the rest of the semester.  See you at the concert.  Peggy

No comments:

Post a Comment